Florette have challenged me to get creative again this month and create some delicious dressings. Whilst I can’t wait to get cooking with the balsamic vinegar and Dijon mustard, the ingredient that really caught my eye was these Waitrose rose petals.
I’ve only ever used rose petals in the bath before, but their intense pink colour is perfect for adding some vibrancy to delicious but dull-looking brown foods.
This creamy dressing is a perfect topping for my red velvet smoothie bowl when the sun’s shining, or perhaps a fudgey red velvet brownie as winter draws in – why not add balsamic-glazed strawberries or crunchy roasted nuts for an extra special dessert?
I’ll be sharing some traditional salad and dressing recipes soon – follow me on Instagram to see my savoury creations.
ROSE PETAL AND CASHEW CREAM DRESSING
Ingredients (makes enough to top two smoothie bowls):
- 1/2 tbsp rose petals
- 60ml (4 tbsp) unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp (30g) smooth cashew butter – I love Meridian and MyProtein’s
- 1 tbsp Florette peppercress leaves
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp coconut milk (optional – adds a luxuriously creamy taste)
- Blend the rose petals and milk to create a pink liquid, then simply blend or whisk in the leaves, cashew butter and coconut milk.
- Drizzle your dressing over the smoothie bowl or brownie, and scatter a few more rose petals and 1/2 tsp Cacao, Flax & Superberries powder over the top to add a little more colour.